WHAT TO DO WHEN THE IRS
TAKES YOUR PAYCHECK
Well, the 1st thing that you should do is contact us at, Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc., so that your IRS wage levy will be released and stopped within 24 hours. Our IRS affordable IRS tax relief team has never failed to have an IRS wage garnishment released. Never and you will not be the 1st.
Now that you know who to call, what else do you need to know?
if you owe money to the IRS for your income taxes, you can be sure that the IRS enforcement division will take action to seize your paycheck through an IRS Wage Levy or the IRS will take collection action to seize your bank account(s).
The amount of money that the IRS will take from your paycheck will vary. On the low side, it will be 25% of your check after deductions for workers comp, medicare, state and federal taxes. This will not leave you with much. An IRS levy isn't intended to leave you with much. An IRS levy has 2 intentions: 1 is to collect money for your back tax debt and the other is to bring you to your financial knees in order to make you compliant.
If you have unfiled or delinquent tax returns, the IRS may issue what is called a Manual Levy in addition to the standard levy and conceivably take your entire paycheck, commissions, bonuses or any other money that you would have had coming to you.
When does the IRS apply a wage garnishment?
The IRS always uses the term levy and not garnishment. For our purposes we will use both as most people are familiar with the term wage garnishment. The IRS will execute an IRS levy or garnishment after having sent a "Notice of Intent to Levy and Your Right to a Hearing." The IRS can send the Notice of Intent to Levy to any address that they may have for you. It is not necessary for you to actually have received the Notice of Intent to Levy for it to be effective. The only obligation that the IRS has is to have sent it. Once that happens, it then becomes the taxpayers problem.
A taxpayer has 30 days to respond the Notice of Intent to Levy. A response can be in several forms including an appeal. There are several tactical actions that can be taken in order to buy the taxpayer time to "get his or her house in order."
What can you do if the IRS garnishes your wages?
You may hear things like , "the IRS doesn't like to use a garnishment to collect back taxes." Or, "the IRS would rather not issue an IRS Levy because it is expensive." We say nonsense. The IRS computer system which is called the Automated Collection System (ACS) is a computer that will match up delinquent taxpayers who owe back tax debt with W-2 or 1099 information. Or, the ACS will match up bank account information (reported interest) and you. It is really that simple. The IRS executes the Levy and collects money. How hard is that.
How to end an IRS wage levy:
- Call Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. That is the quickest way to have an IRS garnishment released.
- Pay the entire amount of your back tax debt. This probably isn't a viable answer to your your IRS problem.
- File an Offer in Compromise. You probably have never filed an Offer in Compromise before so you would have little or no knowledge how to get one approved. It would be better to have Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. stop the wage levy 1st, then have our affordable IRS tax relief team prepare your Offer in Compromise and settle your back tax debt.
- You could call the IRS and enter into an Installment Agreement. Quite frankly, anyone could do this. The problem with that solution is this: has your back tax debt been reduced to its lowest amount possible through a Penalty Abatement or through the Offer in Compromise program? If you want to pay the IRS more than they should be receiving, then "be our guest" and enter into an IRS Installment Agreement.
- Be declared to be "Currently not Collectible." If you are unable to pay the IRS anything after taking into account your allowable expenses and other factors, you may be declared by the IRS to be what is called, "Currently not Collectible." If you are, the Statute of Limitations will continue to run out on your tax debt. If you are on a fixed income such as Social Security, it may be possible that you never pay the back tax debt that you have incurred.
If your wages have been or are about to garnished by the IRS, your very best move would be to contact us at Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. Our affordable IRS tax relief team has never failed our clients.
I am Dave Rosa, the V.P. of Client Relations at Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. I will be conducting your free and confidential consultation. During our time on the phone, I can ascertain if we can help you or not. Also, we can come up with an action plan to resolve your IRS back tax debt once and for all. At Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. we are guided by our Christian Values. We have made our services affordable and available to most everyone.
FLAT FEE TAX SERVICE, INC.
NO CLIENT COMPLAINTS - EVER
SEE FOR YOURSELF AT
BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU
AFFORDABLE IRS HELP
- Afford a $290.00 retainer,
- 10 monthly payments of $170.00
- A total of $1990.00
IF YOU CAN AFFORD OUR AFFORDABLE FEES
YOU CAN HAVE IRS TAX RELIEF
WHY FLAT FEE TAX SERVICE, INC.:
- Guided by our Christian Values
- No Client Complaints
- Experienced IRS Tax Attorneys
- Affordable IRS Help
- Credible, Reliable and Thorough
THE FLAT FEE TAX SERVICE, INC.
AFFORDABLE IRS HELP - LINE:
1 - 8 0 0 - 5 8 9 - 3 0 7 8
Click on our Websites:
Like us on Facebook: