A Wage Levy a/k/a Wage garnishment is typically an effort by the IRS to get some cash from you when the IRS has been unsuccessful in getting you to pay your over due income tax debt what they feel you owe them. It’s likely that they’ve exhausted all other options and cannot get you to pay for your debt within a reasonable amount of time. This situation can be avoided by following two important tips:
Remember that the IRS will pursue a wage levy, wage garnishment and/or bank levy when they (the IRS) cannot seem to get you to pay your debt within a certain time frame. If you have been ignoring them or refuse to talk to them, you put yourself in a worse position. Do your best to stay in touch with the IRS and work on setting up a reasonable payment plan that you can handle, or possibly an offer in Compromise. Showing the IRS that you have every intention of resolving your income tax debt will typically encourage them to back off and work something out for you. The income tax debt professionals at Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. are here to help.
- Guided by our Christian Values.
- Accredited by the Better Business Bureau - A Plus Rating - No Client Complaints
- Low Affordable Fees
- Our IRS Tax Attorneys Work Directly with You.
- Our Clients Have IRS Wage Levies Stopped and Released in One Day.
- 90% of our Clients who have submitted an IRS Settlement have received a Successful Offer in Compromise.
- Our Clients receive Positive Results.