Monday, February 22, 2016

IRS Wage Garnishment - Stop and Release In One Day

The IRS Levy Release Team at Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. has an IRS levy release record second to none. 95% of our IRS wage garnishment clients have had their garnishments lifted in 1 business day. Often times, our clients have their IRS wage levies (garnishments) stopped and released in a matter of a few hours. We don't send mail to resolve your problem. Our IRS Tax Attorney assigned to resolve your income tax problem will pick up the phone and handle it immediately with the IRS.

We have multiple years of successful experience. We can do this because our IRS tax relief team specializes in understanding exactly how the IRS works and what documentation is needed. Our team of income tax professionals don't waste time.

IRS wage garnishments and IRS Levies can be stopped in one (1) business day, if done properly. One has to realize that the last resort the IRS utilizes is a wage garnishment or levy. This is one of the most lethal enforcement tools available to the IRS. There are several ways to have an IRS levy or garnishment released.

Our team, at Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc., has had great success in having a wage lifted and released prior to having all tax returns prepared and filed. The IRS Tax Attorney assigned to you will call the IRS and verify that you, the taxpayer, is in compliance with the IRS. Being in compliance means that all outstanding income tax returns for every year has been filed with the IRS. Those income tax returns include 1040's, 1099's, quarterly estimated tax payments, 941's or 940's, depending on the particular situation of the taxpayer.


1 - 8 0 0 - 5 8 9 - 3 0 7 8

If you decide to handle your IRS income tax levy yourself, be advised that you need to be very cautious when contacting the IRS in regards to this. Before the IRS will give you any information of your compliance, they will immediately interrogate you, trying to find out what bank accounts you have, what other incomes you have and the assets you own. This is all in an effort to begin to levy, garnish or seize any assets the taxpayer may have. This is one of the main reasons why an IRS Tax Attorney should contact the IRS on the taxpayers' behalf. An IRS Tax Attorney does not have to release your personal information to the IRS. Your IRS Tax Attorney's goal at this point is to only determine if the taxpayer is in compliance with the IRS.

Everything is determined by the IRS computers and the automated collections division. The only way to be brought into compliance is by filing all years that were not filed. Depending on what the computer states, you may have to file 6 year's worth of IRS tax returns or they may even go back to 15 year's worth of taxes. This is why the IRS must be contacted immediately to figure out what needs to be done to bring the taxpayer back into compliance.

If there are compliance issues, the IRS will inform the tax professional or the taxpayer what taxes must be filed. It is important to prepare these taxes, but not to mail them in. They need to be faxed to the IRS so they are acknowledged in the IRS computers immediately and the processing of these returns can start within hours, not weeks or months; the IRS may not release the wage garnishment until the tax returns are at least submitted for processing to the IRS.

The IRS Tax Relief Team at Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. can prepare your missing income tax returns in as little as a few days.

Once it is determined that a taxpayer is in compliance, the next thing the IRS is looking for is a resolution to the outstanding taxes owed to the IRS. This may be in the form of a payment plan, a partial payment plan, having the taxpayer declared non-collectible or an offer in compromise.

In most cases, the IRS will request your financial information through certain IRS forms in order to determine how much, if anything, you can afford to pay towards your total tax liability. If your file is being handled in the automated collections division, a 433F form (a simplified Collection Information Statement) has to be prepared and submitted along with supporting documentations. If the file is with a field agent, a 433A form (a detailed Collection Information Statement) has to be prepared and filed with the field agent, also along with the supporting documentation. The IRS knows that in 90% of the cases, the wage garnishment or IRS levy is a hardship on the taxpayer, and the proper procedure is that after submitting these financials, the IRS should release the wage garnishment within hours. 

Unfortunately, taxpayers try to perform this procedure by themselves; without a tax professional involved, the IRS WILL simply drags their feet and prolong the situation because it is the IRS's position to take this drastic action due to the fact that the taxpayer did not comply with any of their prior requests. The tax professional you chose to represent you should force the IRS to comply with the rules and regulations to have these matters expedited within hours and not weeks or months.

There is a second method of having a wage garnishment or levy released; this procedure consists of proving to the IRS that this wage garnishment is a true and immediate hardship to the taxpayer. A hardship to the taxpayer is that housing, transportation or food expenses are at an immediate risk; i.e. if your electricity is about to be disconnected, and you can provide a statement from your service provider showing that your electricity is being shut off due to non-payment or if you are able to provide an eviction notice or foreclosure notice due to non-payment the same method applies. 

Asking the IRS to release the wage garnishment based on these facts is a very difficult task because the IRS is receiving nothing in return providing a solution to the outstanding taxes. This is an up-hill fight with the IRS but the IRS is supposed to follow procedures and in most situations the taxpayer is unable to resolve this issue without a tax professional.


1 - 8 0 0 - 5 8 9 - 3 0 7 8

Visit Our Websites:

Like Us on Facebook:

Monday, February 8, 2016

File Missing Income Tax Returns - Get Straight With The IRS

Many clients that come to Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. for IRS income tax help, haven't filed income tax returns that are now past due. We have even had clients approach us who haven't filed a tax return in 20 years or more and now want to get back into compliance and get right with the IRS.
Fortunately for you, preparing past due tax returns by our tax professionals is easier than you think and you have a few things working in your favor. First, the IRS will not require you to file tax returns that are more than 7 years past due. More than likely, you don't have the records that you would need to prepare a tax return from further back than that, and neither does the IRS. So, even if you have not filed a tax return in 50 years our team of tax professionals won't need to do 50 years of tax returns.

For the years that we do need to prepare an income tax return, we can start by obtaining Wage and Income transcripts from the IRS. These transcripts show us all of the income that was reported to the IRS under your social security number, and will include W-2's, Interest Income, 1099's, and other relevant documents.
These transcripts are usually sufficient to give us a very good start on your tax returns. Once we have a first draft done based upon these records, our IRS Tax Attorneys will work with you to determine what other deductions, expenses, and credits can be added to the return to improve your bottom line.
Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc. has software archives that allow us to quickly prepare tax returns from as far back as 1998, and our tax experts can prepare tax returns from further back than that by hand if needed.

What happens if I don’t file my tax returns?

If the IRS and state do not receive a tax return for you their most likely response will be to file one for you.  For the IRS this process is called filing a Substitute For Return (this is NOT A TAX RETURN) or a 6020(b) return. Some people may refer to these as "Arbitrary Assessments". 
The IRS has a lot of information reported to them by your employer, your bank, and your customers.  They will use this information to determine your gross income and file a substitute for return for you.  Since they are not aware of your filing status or any business or personal deductions you can take they will not give you credit for any of these. They essentially use the same Wage and Income transcripts that we would use, but they then assume you were single, had no deductions or expenses, and wanted to be taxed at the highest tax rate.
This will usually result in a return with a balance due substantially higher than what you actually owe (unless you really were single, had no deductions, and no business expenses -- in that case, sometimes their numbers are spot on). Whatever number the IRS comes up with will usually be shared with the State that you resided in, and the State will then prepare a return for you as well, setting off a chain reaction.
Similar processes are used for business returns including wage withholding and sales tax, although the government typically has far less information available to them. In the case of payroll taxes, the IRS and States will typically use records of W-2's that you filed or unemployment information you reported to reconstruct a tax return.
If none of these records are available, sometimes they'll just take their best guess at it using your prior history to estimate what you owed. Once they do that, it's up to you to correct their figures.

What can you do if the IRS or state has filed a Substitute or Estimated Tax Return for me?

In most cases you can override the numbers that the government has come up with by requesting a reconsideration and providing a copy of the tax return with the figures that you believe are accurate. Generally, the IRS will allow you to do so, but a lot of states have time limits for filing the original return so you might be stuck with the figures they used. It is generally in your benefit to act quickly to correct their mistake rather than letter their assessment linger.
Due to the difficulty in filing old returns accurately and convincing the IRS/State to accept them, professional assistance is always recommended. At Flat Fee Tax Service, Inc., we have the team and the tax software to prepare tax returns from as far back as 1998 and can prepare tax returns from earlier than that by hand.
We are experts in recreating these older returns using wage and income information provided to us directly by the IRS and then conducting an in-depth interview to ensure that every deduction is found and every tax advantage is taken.
If you need past-due tax returns prepared, call us today for a free consultation. Our consultations are free and confidential. Our Tax Attorneys will make a call to the IRS to review the status of your account. During that call we can determine which returns actually need to be filed, and we will order the transcripts needed to prepare those returns.



1 - 8 0 0 - 5 8 9 - 3 0 7 8

Visit Our Websites:

LIKE Us On Facebook: